Spring Onion Long white Ishikura
Spring Onion – long white Ishikura
From March to the end of April in the open ground in rows. Thin out slightly after about 6 weeks or multi sow in the 40 cell seed tray. Mild in taste, ideal for raw vegetable salads; Ishikura produces a long, 2 to 3 cm thick, leek-like stem.
- Strong flavor
- Can be used in dishes or eaten raw in salads
- This variety develops long white shafts;
- Is a fairly new type of onion in Europe
- Sowing under cover from January until February.
- plant out or direct sow in March and April
- The harvest window can be from May till August.
Advice and tips
- We got the most success when seeds were started in the greenhouse
- The onions can be harvested when the white shafts are of the desired length.
package contains: 2 gram
Seed per gram: 250