Yellow Beetroot Burpee’s golden
Yellow beetroot – Burpee’s Golden
Burpee‘s Golden beetroots are smaller and more round in shape than traditional red beetroots. They have a delicate, tender texture and are often used in salads and other dishes where a milder flavor is desired. They can also be roasted, pickled, or added to soups and stews.
Interesting to know: one of the key benefits of this yellow beetroot is that they do not bleed or lose its color when cooked. They are also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, folate, and potassium.
Sowing and harvesting
- Start seeds from March till June;
- Harvest from June till the first mild frost;
- Easy to grow vegetable that grows on all soil types;
- Multisow (3-4 seedlings) in the 40-cell seed tray;
- Harvest when the beets are 5-7 cm in diameter;
- Can be stored in a plastic bag in the fridge for weeks;
- Expect a continued harvesting window of at least 6 weeks from one sowing;
- Autumn harvest can be stored in a cool, dark place and enjoyed during winter.
- Grow best in a sunny spot;
- Can also be direct sown;
- Water in dry summers when the round beet starts to form
- If you like to read more about how to grow beetroot, check out our blog!
package contains: 2 gram
Seed per gram: 50-100