Candy stripe Beetroot Chioggia
Candy stripe beetroot seeds variety Chioggia
Chioggia is an Italian variety of beetroot that is known for its distinctive candy stripe appearance. It is a round, medium-sized beet with red and white concentric rings on the inside. Chioggia beets are often used raw in salads, or cooked and served as a side dish. We also like to cook beetroot in the oven. Peel the skin and wrap the beets in aluminum foil, and slide the oven them in for 1 hour at 200°C. Beetroots are known for their sweet, earthy flavor and tender texture. Some people also use the leaves of Chioggia beets, which are similar to spinach, in salads or cooked dishes. If you prefer beetroots with a less earthy flavor we can recommend burpee’s golden.
Sowing and harvesting
- Start seeds from March – June;
- Harvest from June till the first mild frost;
- Easy to grow vegetable that grows on all soil types;
- Multisow (3-4 seedlings) in the 40-cell seed tray;
- Can be stored in a plastic bag in the fridge for weeks;
- Expect a continued harvesting window of at least 6 weeks from one sowing;
- Autumn harvest can be stored in a cool, dark place and enjoyed during winter.
- Grow best in a sunny spot;
- Can also be direct sown;
- This candy stripe beetroot grows larger beets with a high yield;
- Water in dry summers when the round beet starts to form
- If you like to read more about how to grow beetroot, check out our blog!
package contains: 2 gram
Seed per gram: 50-100